Poem For My Brother

 
 

Sent to you by terry via Google Reader:

 
 

via Every Day I Write The Book by ShesAllWrite on 12/2/11

Poe's Raven by bryanwright5@gmail.com
Poe's Raven, a photo by bryanwright5@gmail.com on Flickr.
Okay, so I REALLY hate sharing my poetry because I always think it sucks, but I was inspired to share this when I read Michael Lassell's How To Watch Your Brother Die today. Here is something I wrote the morning my brother died.

"It's okay", I told him
"I want to be scared."
And I meant to hear him read aloud
Poe, you know? The Raven and Lenore
Not a 43-year-year-old never more
He held me
And he read to me
And he crashed the brown station wagon and fell down laughing
He disappeared under Daddy
And he just laid still
And he stayed on the floor long after Daddy had forgotten the morning
I sat there trembling
Afraid to touch him, afraid to leave him there
We rehearsed this scene so many times
Until we got it right, even Daddy
When he came home from work
At parties I shouldn't have gone to
And later, at the hospitals
The needles, his sleeves
His yellow, baron arms
You'd think they'd have carved something more interesting, more beautiful and true
Meaningful, but no, just yellow
He only a muppet
He loved me, secretly and away, but he loved me with all and then halted
I stayed
I stayed until I couldn't
I left
And he felt comfortable dying
He left
And I still needed him, who loved me most

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Popular posts from this blog

# Archaelogies of the Future. The Desire called Utopia by Frederic Jameson

# Constant's New Babylon / Models

# Visiting Concrete Le Havre / Auguste Perret & Oscar Niemeyer